Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Home insurance, also called house insurance, is a general term used to describe the two main ways to insure you home. These are buildings insurance and contents insurance. Contents insurance covers everything that would move with you if you moved house or flat. For example, your sofa and TV, kitchen appliances and personal belongings.

Buildings insurance covers the physical structure of your home, like the walls and the roof. Permanent fixtures and fittings, like your bathtub and kitchen cupboards, are also covered by buildings insurance.

Product Description

We offer both house contents and building insurance covers for your home on a comprehensive basis.

Household Contents

We cover all your movable assets such as home appliances, furniture and clothing against fire, theft, burglaries, break ins, water, wind or storm, malicious damage, goods damaged by overflowing or bursting of geysers.

Your home contents are also covered against the following on an optional basis:

  • Power surge
  • Mechanical or Electrical breakdown
  • Accidental damage
  • Power surge

    This covers damage to your household appliances such as fridges, TVs, microwaves etc as a result of sudden return of power. Deterioration of food in your refrigerator or freezer as a result of extended lack of power, power failure and sudden breakdown is also covered under power surge.

    Mechanical or Electrical breakdown

    This covers loss or damage to your contents while it is in your private residential structures or on your premises caused by accidental mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown provided the same damage is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty/guarantee.

    Accidental damage

    This covers accidental physical loss of or damage to your contents while it is in your private residential structures or on your premises. This also extends to accidental breakage of mirrors and certain glass inside your house.

    Product Description

    Building Insurance covers you for a wide range of eventualities such as fire, water, storm, floods, falling trees, lightning, explosion, malicious action or break -ins so that no matter what happens, you always have a home to return to.

    Your house is also one of the biggest assets you will ever own and it is therefore worth protecting. Our wide range of insurers also cover houses in townships and villages because there is value in property, no matter where it is situated.

    This cover extends to other structures on your property, besides your private home, including:

  • Outbuildings like cottages, lapas and detached garages
  • Swimming pools
  • Walls, gates and fences
  • Tennis courts
  • Water heating systems such as geysers, solar panels and boilers
  • Product Description

    Your vehicle is covered against accident, theft, hijack, hail or malicious damage. This cover also protects you against any legal liability from third parties as a result of any accident. You are also covered for replacement costs of locks, keys and remote controls in case they are lost, stolen or broken.